Tuesday, March 19, 2013

No One Gets There Alone

 Mohammad Ali Mosque, Cairo, Egypt



To My Nearest and Dearest,

Many of you may have heard that I have been accepted to the Center for Arabic Studies Abroad (CASA) program to study Arabic in Cairo, Egypt starting in June. I have been lucky enough to also receive a fellowship to help defer the cost of the program. However, there are additional expenses that are not covered by this scholarship. As part of this new chapter of my life, I will be revamping and renaming this blog to reflect my time in Egypt.

I have been blessed to have the support of my friends and family throughout my academic progress without which I would not be in a PhD program or heading to Egypt this summer. I am asking my community and maybe even a few generous strangers for a little more help.  I am trying to raise $500 in the next two weeks to help pay for additional expenses that are not covered by the fellowship including required medical insurance and costs for travel preparations (visa, passport renewal, medical exam, etc). No donation is too small. You will gain my eternal gratitude. In addition, I promise to pay forward all the money that I raise to another person in need when I am able. For whose that want to donate, you can do so through PayPal using the link on the right side of my blog or through FundRazr.

Please let me if you have any questions. Thanks you in advance.

Kind Regards,
Katrina

Siwa, Egypt. July 2009.


PS
If you would rather purchase an item that I need for the trip rather than donate money, I have set up a wishlist on Amazon with a few things that I need. You can access it here.

Items can be mailed directly through Amazon or to the following address:
Katrina Yeaw
Department of History,
Georgetown University
ICC 600
Washington, DC 20057-1035

No comments:

Post a Comment